Acetal has a low coefficient of friction, high strength, and low moisture absorption and is easily machined. It is excellent for applications that require close-tolerance mechanical parts, bearing characteristics or FDA compliance such as food processing machinery. Available in homopolymer and copolymer formulations.
- Conveyor Components
- Scraper Blades
- Ice Cream Equipment
- Food Conveyors
- Retains toughness through a broad temperature range
- A good choice for wet environments
- Easy to machine
- Multiple formulations
- Acetal Sheet – Available in thicknesses of 0.030" up to 4.5", and in sizes from 24" wide to 144" long.
- Acetal Rods – Diameter sizes range from 0.062" to 12.00".
- Acetal Tubular Bars – O.D. dimensions up to 13.5" are available with a variety of I.D. options.
- Product Styles Section - Midland Plastics stocks Acetal in homopolymer (Delrin®) and copolymer versions as well as enhanced bearing-grade formulations using PTFE and other internal lubricants. Copolymer acetal is more chemically resistant while the homopolymer formulation offers slightly higher mechanical properties.