Outside Sales Representative - New Berlin North Territory
Date PostedJuly 29, 2018
LocationNew Berlin, WI
Sells or distributes plastic materials, fabrication services and vacuum forming services from sales office, store, showroom, or customer’s place of business, to business, industrial establishments or individuals for use in manufacturing utilizing knowledge of product: Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources. Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and/or talk with customers on sales floor or by phone. Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes particular features and services. Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Prepares sketches and specifications for items to meet specific needs of the customer. Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of business production and delivery schedules. Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Makes sales by contacting regular and potential customers via phone, in person or in writing(taking orders, solving problems, answering questions, fact finding, arranging supplier support, determining customer satisfaction, picking up or delivering parts or information, offering training or seminars and following through on quotes and estimates).
- Requires minimum of 3 days out-of-office making a minimum of 20 scheduled "face-to-face" sales calls per week with key decision makers from existing/potential customer base in assigned pocket/territory.
- Gathers and records information on market and competitor activity on sales forms (Customer Contact and Competitive Pricing Forms, Weekly Call Reports) and completes standard forms (Expense Reports, time sheets, etc.).
- Operates computer to complete orders and record and view information.
- Works in a cooperative manner with internal and external customers.
- Establishes at least 3 growth goals per year.
- Keeps abreast of changes and improvements in materials and processes (reading trade publications, attending in-house and supplier training sessions) and improve sales skills (seminars and classes).
- Develops annual business plan for assigned territory.
- Applies knowledge and experience and makes process or improvement.
- Works in a safety conscious manner ensuring safety of self and others.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.