3rd Shift Setup Operator - Extrusion Department
Date PostedJuly 29, 2018
LocationNew Berlin, WI
Operates plastic extrusion machines which convert either plastic powder or pellets into a variety of shapes and sizes of profile, tubing or rods by performing the following:
Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Modifies settings to ensure quality of profile.
- Studies and follows set-up and run sheets for each job. Selects nozzles, spacers, wires and brackets.
- Selects die, extruder screw, and sizing rings for each job run and fits to machine. Connects all hose to circulate steam, water, air or oil to die holder.
- Assists R&D Operators to set up machines.
- Weighs raw materials and color mixes as needed for each job; adds mixes, colors and catalysts into extruder machine.
- Loads pre-mixed, dry plastic material into hopper.
- Sets stops or guides to cut profile to specified length as indicated.
- Operates machine and sets controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, temperature and speed.
- Operates all spools or reels to place extruded product correctly for shipping.
- Operates and sets up all downstream equipment and tears down as needed.
- Removes jams from machine and cleans dies or sizers without causing damage to them.
- May help in the packaging of finished profile, as well as cleaning up scrap and taking it to grinding machine bins.
- Cleans area around extrusion lines and mops up excess water.
- Completes all required paperwork as needed on a timely basis. Takes hourly readings of machine gauges and document results on run sheets. Counts & reports production and inventory at end of shift.