1st Shift - Material Handler
Date PostedMay 10, 2020
LocationDe Pere, WI
1st Shift: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials in stock – both material received from shipping and cutoffs generated in saw department.Records location of inventory when putting into stock.
- Locates and stages materials by pulling and verifying materials listed on shipper paperwork.
- Prepares full sheet product for shipment by pulling, packing, and completing paperwork.
- Maintains material handling equipment such as forklifts by completing pre-use checklists.
- Safely operates appropriate material management tools (i.e. forklift, hand truck, etc.)
- Enters and manages data appropriate software programs.
- Performs backup role to saw operators as well as shipping and receiving personnel as needed.
- Assists with other warehousing duties as needed.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or equivalent; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to print and speak simple sentences.Able to interpret instructions, drawings, and sketches.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and use conversion charts.Can use calculator to perform mathematical requirements.Must be able to record mathematical processes.