2nd and 3rd Shift - Extrusion Set-Up Operators
Date PostedJune 20, 2022
LocationNew Berlin, WI
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Job Type: Full-time
“HIGHEST WAGES IN THE INDUSTRY”.
Hours:3pm - 11pm; 11pm - 7am
If you enjoy working with machines and have a desire to work with a company focused on your personal and professional development, you could be a great fit as our Extrusion Set-Up Operator. Your position would involve setting up and running extrusion equipment. We will count on you to keep our manufacturing equipment clean and working well. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to program, set up and operate various types of equipment, ensuring you’ll never be bored a day on the job.
Interested? If so, copy and paste the link below into a web browser to complete a brief survey (2 questions).
We use this survey to build our world class culture. Don't forget to also apply below by attaching your resume.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study and follow set-up and run sheets for each job. Select nozzles, spacers, wires and brackets.
- Adjust, calibrate and set up equipment at the beginning of every shift to ensure proper pressure, speed, temperature and general operation.
- Set stops or guides to cut profile to specified length per customer order.
- Weigh raw materials and color mixes as specified for each job; add mixes, colors and catalysts to extruder machine.
- Operate machine and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, temperature and speed.
- Communicate with team members to troubleshoot equipment issues or malfunctions and resolve them quickly.
- Operates and sets up all downstream equipment and tears down as needed.
- May help in the packaging of finished profile, as well as cleaning up scrap and taking it to grinding machine bins.
- Completes all required paperwork as needed on a timely basis. Takes hourly readings of machine gauges and document results on run sheets. Counts & reports production and inventory at end of shift
- May need to perform minor machine maintenance such as lubricating machines or cleaning dies.
- Follow all Company safety rules and policies including 5S metrics
Don't forget to also apply below by attaching your resume.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years’ experience in machining, preferably extrusion in the PVC area. Blueprint reading capabilities would be ideal.
- Working knowledge of various measuring devices, i.e. calipers and micrometers required.as all employees inspect their own work for defects (wrinkles, splits, bubbles, wrong dimensions, length, width, etcetera) to ensure adherence to customer’s specifications.