Founded in 1945 as a distributor of stock plastic shapes, Midland Plastics, Inc., headquartered in New Berlin, Wisconsin, is one of the oldest and largest plastics suppliers in the Midwest. As a privately held distributor celebrating over 70 years in business, we have developed relationships with many of the top plastics manufacturers, allowing us to offer a wide selection of both standard and high-performance plastic products.
Our expansion into custom manufacturing and fabrication lets us serve our customers better by assisting them with all of their plastic needs, whether in CNC sawing and machining, fabrication, forming or custom extrusions. We thoroughly plan and review each new project, carefully monitoring each phase of production to ensure we meet our customers’ expectations for the highest-quality plastic components.
Throughout our rich, 70-year history, Midland has stayed at the forefront of technological development and been able to continue expanding our offerings and locations:
1960 – Acquired first handmade forming press, sowing the seeds of our forming operations
1966 – Expanded to location in Brookfield, WI, and doubled workforce to 14
1968 – Obtained both a 3-station rotary forming press and a die-cutting machine
1974 – Opened first branch operation in Green Bay, WI
1978 – Purchased another 3-station rotary press—still used in today’s operations
1979 – Opened a 10,000 sq. ft. location in Green Bay, WI
1984 – Entered the digital age with our first CNC router and computer
1986 – Opened a sales office in Madison, WI
1989 – Expanded with a CNC saw
1994 – Broadened operations to Wausau, WI, and Rockford, IL
1996 – Moved headquarters to New Berlin, WI
2003 – Added another branch location in Davenport, IA
2005 – Increased manufacturing operations by adding additional CNC machining centers
2012 – Opened our 7th location in Des Moines, IA
2015 – Acquired Advanced Extrusions
2016 – Expanded the New Berlin facility by 40,000 sq. ft.
2017 – Added a dual-bed, high-production CNC routing center